Meeting Minutes 3/18/2021
- Thank you to Art and Mai Twitchell for hosting the dinner! We enjoyed Mai's version of Irish stew. It has been a year since we were shut down due to COVID-19 and it was nice to be gathered together again like this.
- Tim brought the Commodore trophy to put on display and referred to the names often during the meeting.
- Tim asked if anyone had complaints and quickly acknowledged there were none before anyone spoke up.
- The big item of discussion was the April Regatta. We have rented the Kiwanis facility for Friday through Sunday, April 16-18. Sailors can take their boats on Friday as nothing official is happening that day. We are not having Friday dinner at Gator Joes this year.
- No late registration will be accepted. It is $10 off if you sign up before March 31st.
- Jan Cole said if sailors include their lunch orders with the sailing registration charge, it will save a $2 credit card usage charge that would be applied when ordering lunches separately.
- The Notice of Race (NOR) has all the necessary instructions and information to refer to for the regatta weekend. There will not be individual printed copies of the NOR provided, but instructions, waivers, and protest forms are posted and available at the check-in table. All crew need to sign waivers too.
- We have two sponsors: Ameriprise for the beer. Auto Glass Plus is paying for the burgers and will provide the grill.
- There is no key for the gate.
- Bob Cole will handle trophies and Art made the bases for the trophies.
- Art has the club banner that will be put on the gate.
- Jan Cole will handle the registration table. We are not selling any merchandise this year and no raffles or door prizes either.
- There will be snacks, bottled water, coffee provided. Bob Cole will handle beer and ice. There is an ice machine at the facility. Art will handle coffee and bring coffee maker. Lynn has snacks, individually wrapped cookies and brownies for dessert, and disposable tablecloths. Mai has vases. Jeff will help Lynn set up food tables.
- Lunches are $8. Lynn will order lunches. Deadline to order is Friday at noon, for one lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- Buff is head of safety boats. Mark and Bobbie cannot come this year. Art volunteered his boat for the race committee boat.
- Air pumps and markers are at Ed's.
- Dave Leather and Pat Koontz (check spelling on names) to be PROs. Dave Patterson from Gainesville. (check this too - what is he doing?)
- Clean up is Sunday and everyone should help to make quick work of it.
- It is tradition to come to Lynn and Ed's after Sunday close up.
February beginning balance $2,583.74 and ending balance $2,524.74 as of 2/28/2021.
We have new members Rick and Bernadette Gosslin.
The treasurer's report was accepted.
Dues are the same as last year and are due in June.
Moved to adjourn. Accepted.
OBRS began. Tim asked who has the gavel? Lindee has it but does not have anyone to give it to yet.
Lotto ticket winners: Lindee, Tim 2x, and Sally Olsen 2x. Kathy O. won the $32 50/50 raffle.