We plan to continue our Spring Series Races each month on the Saturday before the Lemon Point Sunday sails.
Our April Regatta is scheduled for Saturday & Sunday, April 26-27, 2014. The location will be changing this year from the traditional Kiwanis Beach to the Carney Island Park Boat launch area. We have reserved pavilions for both days and will use this for our center of operations. The registration will be available for the Regatta starting March 1st at www.regattaregistration.com. Please sign up early to help plan for the number of participants.
Status of Regatta Organization:
- Chase Boats: Mark & Bobbie Ciraco; Second Boat Needed
- Check-In & Registration: Art Twitchell & Kathy Olbekson
- Boat Launch Coordinators: John Hult and Ross Martin
- Give Aways: Need Coordinator
- Food Preparation, Setup & Serving: Patti Moring, Jan Cole, & Sandra Harton
- Sign Posting & Retrieval: Larry Moore
- Red Stripe, Walkers Wood, & Appleton Rum? Ian Gibson
- Beer Sponsor: Miller & Associates
- Sail Care?
- TMC Technologies: David Moring
- Cleanup: Need Coordinator
- Shore Crew During Races: Needed
- Media Contact: Ed & Lynn Sims
- Pro for Lake Weir Regatta: Currently Open
- Spring Series: Self-Timed at Sims Beach Monthly
- Old South Stained Glass: Bob Cole
- Bases and Labels: Art Twitchell & Bob Cole (Making Bases ~ See Pictures Above)
- Race Committee Boat: Supplied by Skip Archibald
- Notify Sheriff David Redman for Patrol of Race Area: Bob Cole
I will be contacting you to help with these open positions, so we can have a fun filled and successful regatta. The result will be a regatta which the Ocala Sailing Club can be proud to host.
This is only a preliminary list and we are open to suggestions and ideas to make this regatta even better.
Wishing fair winds and good sailing,
Vice Commodore Bob