Meeting was called to order by Commodore, Art Twitchell, after a wonderful pot luck dinner.
First order of business was the 50/50 Raffle ~ congratulations to the lucky winners!
Ross Martin OBRS Burgee
Sandra Harton Scratch-Off Ticket
Mai Twitchell Scratch-Off Ticket
Skip Archibald $30 Cash
Treasurer, Kathy Olbekson, presented the Treasurer’s Report.
Jan Schumacher discussed the new Ocala Sailing Club website that has gone “live”. The hope is that everyone will enjoy using it and find the information useful. All ideas for changes and improvements are welcome!
The membership gave a big THANKS to our gracious hosts for the evening ~ thanks to Art, Mai, and Mai’s sister, Karin!
Bob Cole gave an update about our upcoming Lake Weir Invitational and Harpoon Nationals Regatta on April 26 & 27, 2014:
- Skip and Lou Archibald have offered to host a Welcome Party on Thursday night, April 24th.
- Friday evening, April 25th, will be an informal gathering at Gator Joe’s.
- Regatta “Headquarters” will be the pavilion at Carney Island Park for the Saturday and Sunday sailing activities and trophy presentation.
- The Saturday evening banquet will be held at the Loch Harbor Condominium Club House in Sunset Harbor.
- Larry Moore and Hal and Maxine Grover have volunteered to serve as Land Crew at the pavilion
- Lynn Sims has volunteered to contact the newspaper
- No new Regatta t-shirts will be printed this year
- The OSC Regatta Banner will be displayed at the Carney Island Park pavilion
- There will be a handout with a map and directions to the Loch Harbor Condominium Club House for the Saturday evening banquet.
- Please note that beer is not allowed at Carney Island Park but can be consumed out on the water. We can plan to have beer on the OSC Committee Boat, out on the water. Sailors can “raft up” to the Committee Boat if they want a beer.
- Ian Gibson would like to work with a radio station in this area to have the OSC Regatta broadcast in Jamaica. Lynn Sims has volunteered to talk to someone in the local radio business that she knows.
- Please note a correction to the Meeting Minutes from last month: The Carney Island Daily Park Fee of $5 will NOT be included in the Regatta Registration Fee.
The March Buccaneer Night will be held at Cody’s Roadhouse in Ocala on March 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM.
Our monthly Sunday Sailing @ The Point sail is scheduled for Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM.
The March OSC Meeting will be held at Charlene Johnson’s home on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM.
Ed Sims discussed the upcoming Inter-lake Regatta’s:
- March 1, 2014 LMSA Trans-Monroe Regatta
- March 15, 2014 GAYC Shamrock Regatta
The OSC Meeting was adjourned and the OBRS Meeting began.
Steve Jaffess currently has the gavel ~ who will be next???
The OBRS Meeting was adjourned . . . thanks again to Art and Mai Twitchell for a wonderful evening!